03.07.2007: version 1.0.0beta2
Second beta. A very few changes:
- Removed a compile reference to libkdeui
- Make mid-button action option in config more clear
- Font for items was bold, which is incorrect
Items linking is not functional yet, but it will be in the next beta release.
23.04.2007: version 1.0.0beta1
The first beta is available. Still beta because of out-of-date translation, it is same kamix 0.6.6 codebase, plus some fixes:
- Short item was not reloaded from config, and sometimes adjusting it from the systray didn't work
- Applying a preset may cause kamix to crash
19.04.2007: kalsamix project started
kalsamix is born!
Some years ago, I decided to write a mixer for KDE, basically because there wasn't any fullfilling my needs: kmix at the times (2004) was not fully integrated with ALSA, and that has been my motivation: write the equivalent of alsamixer for KDE, without any mid-layer being it aRts, jackd or anything. So I created kamix.
My fault, I didn't notice that that name was already in use (by SuSE's mixer), thus creating a silly name clash.
Now, since kamix has proven to be quite stable an quite used, I decided it was the time to rename the project. Last release of kamix has been 0.6.6, released April 19th; kalsamix will start from 1.0.0.